1. Making connections and seeing connections being made! Bringing together a bunch of influencers, entrepreneurs and bloggers in this creative Classic City is sure to start some new happenings in the South.
2. The two incredible Southern Living test kitchen drinks that will be served at 'Cocktails & Conversation' at the Georgia Theatre Thursday evening. (We are counting the two drinks as one reason!)
The Screened Porch
2 tsp. fig preserves
1 tsp. honey
1 lemon wedge
Garnishes: lemon slices, figs
Muddle preserves, honey and lemon in a cocktail shaker to release flavors. Fill shaker with ice cubes, and add 1/4 cup Charred Oak Spirits bourbon. Cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds). Strain into a stemmed 10-oz. glass. Garnish with a thin lemon slice and a fig. Makes 1 serving.
Honeysuckle Watermelon Cocktails
8 cups seeded and cubed watermelon (about 1 [6-lb.] watermelon)
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups ice cubes
2 cups lemon-lime soft drink
Garnishes: lime slices, diced watermelon, fresh mint leaves
Process watermelon in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, using back of a spoon to squeeze out juice; discard solids. Stir CATHEAD vodka and next 2 ingredients into watermelon juice. Add ice, and top with soft drink; gently stir. Serve immediately.
3. The food panel at 'Cocktails & Conversations' on stage at the Georgia Theatre led bySouthern Living Executive Food Editor Hunter Lewis with Executive Chef of Farm 255 and season 9 Top Chef contestant, Whitney Otawka, Holeman & Finch Partner and James Beard Foundation Awards "Outstanding Bar Program" semifinalist, Greg Best and Food and Wine'sBest New Chef: Southeast Peter Dale of The National. We can't wait to hear them talk about the food and drink scene in the South.
4. To see the Eptings show off Athens and its people. They are a special family (Lee, Ashley and Daniel) with an awesome extended family/team of professionals that works with them at their Event Design and Catering company, Epting Events. They have made sure our food experience throughout the Summit is top notch by partnering with amazing restaurants and vendors.
5. The new media, digital and marketing educational sessions presented by a host of Southern personalities and industry leaders in the inspiring setting of Georgia Museum of Art
6. The collaboration between Schermer Pecans and Epting Events to create a Praline Station on the rooftop of the Georgia Theatre. They will use an old-fashioned copper cauldron and mix up the pralines over an open fire using pecans from this over 60 year-old company.
7. We co-branded the swag bags with Onward Reserve and they are super cool and super packed with southern goodies like Low Country Luxe Candles, Cullen & Co wine coasters, Goo Goo Clusters and Rinne Allen photo cards.
9. The attendees are so accomplished and you will learn from them too!
10. Athens, GA is the best Southern college town in America so take advantage of mixing work and fun on a trip to Classic City to better your business, blog or brand.
JOIN US IN ATHENS!
BEST, Cheri and Whitney and the C-Team