This is a semi-annual event where 20 bloggers, made up of Professional Designers, Diy’ers, and Interior Design Bloggers, transform a room from start to finish. For the next six Wednesday’s (we are at week 4), we will be giving you updates on our room progress.
This week I have tackled a few tasks. The wallpaper and paint are complete. The gallery wall was the major task completed.
To Do List:
- put together the desk chairs
- have the light fixture installed
- install the inspiration/cork board (and order too)
- have the roman shade installed (the dang fabric just shipped…ugh)
- style the bookshelves.
- style the desk area
Bookshelf styling is a time consuming job. I like to group like items together in collection for a strong visual impact. We have weeded out loads of books and donated them to our local library. What is left is not exactly what I would have kept without a dear husbands input…HUMMMM. Bookshelf styling tips:
- Group like items
- group books together in terms of color but, they can be mixed in groups on the shelves
- make your accent items interesting, a cabinet of curiosities of sorts
- limit the amount of picture frames, do not have more than 3 frame types
- give your items room to breath, DO NOT OVERCROWD
- lay some book stacks horizontally
- for greater contrast remove books covers
Here are some of my favorite styled bookcases from Pinterest:
Be sure to check out the my other ORC friends updates.
See you next Wednesday with more updates.