This summer I am going on adventure. All three of my children will be away at camp for over four weeks. This never has happened before and likely will never happen again.
I had grand visions of Peru, Iceland and other exotic locales. Planning and time got in the way. Yet, I have devised a wonderful trip that will take me to some of the most desired summer spots in the US.
My husband and I will be headed on New England tour for 10 days. We will visit Maine, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard.
I have paired up with one of my favorite hotel chains, Lark Hotels, to devise the perfect itinerary. You may remember last summer I stayed at the fabulous Gilded boutique hotel in Newport, Rhode Island. This summer I will be staying at three of their properties and I cannot wait!
The first stop will be the Captain Fairfield Inn.
Classic and modern in equal measure, this boutique inn is Kennebunkport chic at its finest.
Overlooking the river green and just one block from the lively Kennebunkport harbor, Captain Fairfield Inn offers unexpected pleasures, such as a wine tasting room (and carefully selected wine list)
and an outdoor lounge with fire tables.
Splurge-worthy sea salt chocolate chip cookies and masterfully prepared breakfasts satisfy even the pickiest chow hound.
The interiors are eclectic and colorful…
The signature breakfast bar of small plates was a huge hit last visit!
- Free wireless Internet throughout the Inn and grounds
- Freshly baked sea salt chocolate chip cookies
- Lounge with a wood burning fireplace
- Landscaped grounds and gardens
- Onsite parking for each guest room
- Beach tote bags, towels and parking permits
- iPads in every room
- Flat panel televisions with Apple TV
- 24 hour guest pantry offering French press coffee, organic teas, soda and ice
- Morning newspapers and current magazines
- Outdoor lounge with fire-tables and private seating areas
- DVD library
- Bottled spring water
- Gas fireplaces (most rooms)
- iPod docking stations
- Waffle kimono robes
Are you as excited as I am for my maiden voyage to Maine?
Any shopping, art or restaurant suggestions or tips to share?
I will be sharing the next stop in Maine next Wanderlust Wednesday.
Follow my Maine Pinterest Board full of travel info and ideas.
Be sure to subscribe to THE ENGLISH ROOM for extra news, giveaways and discounts.
Please feel free to contact The English Room if you are interested in our interior design services in Charlotte or beyond.