I am overwhelmed that my eldest child is 18 years old today.
The time has flown and she has blossomed into the most beautiful and kind person.
I am so proud of her adventurous spirit. This defines everything…
I have been pondering all morning what to say regarding you, my beautiful daughter turning 18. I never thought time would go so fast. I love you beyond compare and I have been blessed to be your mother. I do have a few things to say to you on the day you become an official adult. This will be long, daughter, but please read it all.
1. Love yourself first.
2. High school is not real life. Be prepared.
3. Some girls/women are just mean. Chin up baby girl — keep walking.
4. If you find a REAL friend, keep hold no matter how far apart you are.
5. Stuff WILL NOT make you happy.
6. Don’t judge anyone, but expect to be judged. Again I say, chin up.
7. Get to know your grandma on an adult level.
8. Not every problem is the end of the world.
9. Pick your battles, its not all worth fighting about.
10. Don’t compare yourself to others, there will never be another like you.
11. No matter how much you love someone, don’t lose yourself.
12. Speak up — find your voice and use it!
13. Learn the word “NO,” and don’t be afraid to use it without guilt.
14. You get to write your own story, fill the pages with happiness.
15. Don’t ever chase a man, the right one will find you.
16. Learn how to accept compliments graciously and try to believe them.
17. ALWAYS BE HONEST! The truth only hurts if it’s supposed to.
18. Learn how to be happy in your own skin and be content alone.
19. Never be afraid to share anything you feel passionately about.
20. Its OK to disagree but refer to #9.
21. Read everything you can get your hands on. Knowledge is power.
22. If you go home with a guy and see no books, get out of there.
23. YOU ARE NO ONE’S PROPERTY!
24. Always stand up for yourself. ALWAYS.
25. Don’t be afraid to fail. That’s how you learn.
26. Never electronically send ANYTHING you wouldnt want printed on the front page on the newspaper. Even if you delete it, it can still be found.
27. Serve others unconditionally, good deeds bring happiness.
28. Be gracious, gratitude reveals character.
29. Always trust your gut instinct. ALWAYS.
30. Be nice!
31. Your actions will define you, not your words.
32. Don’t swallow your feelings, find a way to let them out safely.
33. Seek beauty in all things.
34. WEAR SUNSCREEN!
35. Stay in contact with the people who love you.
36. Always walk with your head up. Confidence is attractive.
37. Cry when you need to and find strength in your tears.
38. Laughter is good for the soul.
39. So is LOUD music. So turn it up and dance!
40. Words can build bridges or burn them, choose wisely.
41. Home is who you love, not where you live.
42. Being the first to apologize does not make you weak.
43. Work, and work hard. Always make sure you can provide for yourself.
44. I know you hate me somedays, but I will always love you.
45. YOU ARE ENOUGH!
46. You can tell me anything, any time. I will always be here for you.
47. Remember again, I will always love you.
48. You are more than capable.
49. You are beautiful, never let anyone make you feel differently
50. Take life one day at a time. Live in the moment. You have no control over yesterday or tomorrow. All you have is RIGHT NOW, so just be happy.
Be sure to subscribe to THE ENGLISH ROOM for extra news, giveaways and discounts.
Please feel free to contact The English Room if you have any questions.