It is no secret that one of my favorite events of the year is The Southern C Summit. I think it is the best conference of its kind and actually the only one I know of that takes the business of being and entrepreneur to such a new and well respected level. The speakers, parties, cocktails and collaborations that arise from the networking are exceptional!
A desire to attend by previous attendees or alums says it all! That being said, a very limited number of tickets are NOW on sale. Hop to it!
I hope to see you there and here are all the details.
The Southern C Summit cultivates a talented line-up of presenters to provide tips & techniques in the following categories:
Social Media Strategy • Branding + Creative Strategy • Blogger + Brand Collaborations
Media, PR & Marketing • Business Entrepreneurship
Creative Partnerships • SEO + E-Commerce
It’s all about access! Our presenters and sponsors are full participants – connecting with you throughout the Summit. With collaboration in mind, The Southern C Summit is limited to 250 attendees.
The Southern C Summit – Sea Island
The Southern C Summit brings online entrepreneurial and social content to life offering attendees an opportunity to connect, collaborate and create in person. The niche multi-day conference combines educational and inspirational sessions with the best and brightest names in business, branding, traditional and new media, as well offering signature sidewinder events and gatherings. *scheduling and events subject to change without notice
- Five-star resort locale
- Attendee/presenter/mentor Supper
- Small-group mentor round-table sessions (ten attendees per mentor)
- Media pitch opportunities
- Lifestyle Lounge
- Night cap – post-dinner gathering
- Five miles of private beach
- Casual to Five-Star dining
- 65, 000-square-foot Forbes Five-Star Spa at Sea Island and fitness center
- Three championship golf courses
- Tennis and squash courts
- Fishing, boating, water sports
- Shooting school
If flying, Jacksonville, FL and Savannah, GA airports are a little over an hour away with direct access via I-95. Sea Island offers paid airport shuttle. Brunswick, GA, also has an airport and is located approx. 20 mins from Sea Island. The physical address is 100 Hudson Place, Sea Island, GA 31561.
- The Cloister – located on Sea Island proper and the site of the Summit sessions. Rooms in the block are $325/night. The rate is subject to a $38.00 nightly Sea Island Club Resort Fee, and applicable taxes and fees, currently 6% state tax, 5% room tax, and $5.00 state lodging fee. The resort fee includes 24-hour parking with in/out privileges, access to the Beach Club, Fitness Center, Business Center, wireless Internet service in guest rooms, no charge for local and toll free calls and turndown service nightly.
- The Inn at Sea Island – less than one mile away and complimentary transportation is provided to the Cloister. Rooms in the block are $140/night. Rates quoted are net per room, per night, single or double occupancy. The nightly rate is subject to a $38.00 nightly Sea Island Club Resort Fee, 5% room tax, $5.00 state lodging fee and 6% sales tax. The nightly rate includes 24-hour parking with in/out privileges, access to all Sea Island amenities, including the Beach Club, wireless Internet service in guest rooms, and no charge for local and toll free calls.
- Nikki Bazzani, Creative Strategist, Pinterest
- Rosie D’Argenzio, Director of Brand Marketing, One Kings Lane
- Lizzie Fortunato and Kathryn Fortunato, Founders, Lizzie Fortunato Jewels
- Monica Lavin, Independent Content Publisher, Stylist and Founder, Lavin Label
- Gray Malin, Fine-Art Photographer and New York Times Best-Selling Author
- Steele Marcoux, Editor-in-Chief, Coastal Living
- Bailey McCarthy, President & Creative Director, Biscuit Home, LLC
- Tori Mellott, Market Editor, Traditional Home
- James Nord, Founder and CEO of Fohr Card
- Jessica Romm, Editor-in-Chief, Domino magazine
- Mandy Rye, Founder and Creative Director, Waiting on Martha
- Eugenia Santiesteban Soto, Senior Style Editor, Better Homes & Gardens
- Libbie Summers, Author, Tastemaker and Award Winning Producer
- Sip, Shop and Socialize (4:15 – 5:45 PM): Oceanside at the Sea Island Beach Club, this signature social element of The Summit offers attendees a chance to connect over delicious cocktails and light bites while discovering brands under the tent or in the Lifestyle Lounge.
- Supper at Sea Island’s Rainbow Island (7:00 – 9:00 PM): Attendees, presenters and mentors will all be transported via the Jeep Train to picturesque Rainbow Island for a relaxed and rustic dining feast along the banks of the Black Banks River.
- Morning Sessions (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM): includes 3 back-to-back powerful presentations
- Afternoon Sessions (1:15 – 4:15 PM): includes the mentor roundtable session and 2 presentations featuring notable social media platforms, analytics experts and influencers.
- Surfside Lunch (12:00 – 1:15 PM): Attendees, presenters and mentors will enjoy a lovely oceanside lunch of quintessential Southern favorites at the Sea Island Beach Club.
- Sip, Shop and Socialize (4:15 – 5:45 PM): Because there can never be enough time to socialize and network – attendees return to the Sea Island Beach Club tented lawn for a chance to connect over more delicious cocktails and light bites and experience more of the Lifestyle Lounge.
- Dinner and Enjoy Sea Island Amenities on Your Own (6:00 – 9:00 PM): Relax and enjoy the amenities until dinnertime and make a plan to dine with Summit friends new and old. Sea Island has dining with featured specials and tastings for attendees or venture to nearby St. Simons for supper.
- Night Cap (9:00 – 11:00 PM): post-dinner gathering
Friday, February 10, 2017
About The Southern C Summit:
The Summit is a niche multi-day conference filled with educational sessions and panel discussions from top names in the media, blogging, and business community while digging into delicious food, custom cocktails and good conversation. The Summit is The Southern Coterie’s live event designed to bring the online platform to life. The Summit offers members of The Southern Coterie and others an opportunity to network and connect offline and in person. Each Summit is hosted in a Southern city, celebrating its diverse culture and unique Southern traditions.
About Sea Island:
Since 1928, Sea Island has been known as an exceptional destination appealing to those who appreciate gracious service and heartfelt hospitality. With four Forbes Five-Star experiences — The Cloister at Sea Island, The Lodge at Sea Island, The Spa at Sea Island, and the Georgian Room restaurant – Sea Island entices families, outdoor and activity enthusiasts, and those simply wanting to refresh and recharge. It is the only resort in the world to have received four Forbes Five-Star awards for eight consecutive years. Site of a G-8 Summit of world leaders, Sea Island provides exceptional settings and service for conferences and executive retreats. Located on the southeastern coast of Georgia, Sea Island features five miles of private beach, a Beach Club, tennis and squash centers, Yacht Club, Shooting School, and Camp Cloister. Sea Island is steeped in golf tradition and is home to three championship golf courses, including Seaside and Plantation, home of the PGA Tour’s RSM Classic, as well as the nation’s finest Golf Performance Center. Located on St. Simons Island, The Inn at Sea Island offers comfortable, casual accommodations with access to many Sea Island amenities. Guests may also enjoy nearby Broadfield, a Sea Island Sporting Club and Lodge, offering a variety of seasonal hunting, fishing, sporting and organic culinary opportunities.
Have questions? See the FAQs or feel free to reach out to me with any questions as I have attended every Summit and will continue to do so!
Be sure to subscribe to THE ENGLISH ROOM for extra news, giveaways and discounts.
and Snapchat: theenglishroom.
Please feel free to contact The English Room if you are interested in our interior design services in Charlotte or beyond.