Mark D. Sikes California Stripes for Merida
I few weeks back I introduced you to Mark Sikes’ new California Stripes collection of dhurrie rugs for Merida.
I am a in L O V E with this pretty pink number.
My dog friends at the barn are certainly fans as seen below…
I have long been a fan of dhurrie rugs for many reasons.
- they appear tidy and tailored because of their flatweave
- they can give graphic pattern and punch
- they are incredibly durable being made of natural wool
- they can look equally appropriate in a traditional or modern interior
- they are handwoven in India with fair wages to the local artisans
- they can be ordered in any custom size in about 12 weeks
I laid my Montecito – Pink rug in my office in the living room of the shop over a sisal to provide the perfect anchor in the seating area. I often sit here to meet with reps or when clients pop in for an impromptu visit. The space was immediately grounded and warmed up.
The pink is the perfect color that is feminine yet versatile and not saccharine sweet.
They make lovely spot for #shoefie too.
Be sure to subscribe to THE ENGLISH ROOM for extra news, giveaways and discounts.
Please feel free to contact The English Room if you are interested in our interior design services.